Communicating to every student that they are loved, challenged and cared for by God.
We’re all about redefining the way youth are perceived in this community, nation, and world. Venture Studentz provides a safe place for teens to ask the tough questions, create friendships, and have fun. We provide students with the freedom and support to find their own path to becoming passionate followers of Christ.
Middle School (7th & 8th grade) meets Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Venture Campus!
See below for our Summer 2017 schedule!
Students will split into groups and visit various local locations taking pictures of them with their gnome to earn points. Free event! Meet at Venture at 6:30. Students must have a permission slip on file for this event (in the lobby information cart). Parent volunteers are needed – contact Eric Anderson to learn more @ email@example.com.
Mix is a 4-day summer event of awesomeness designed especially for 6th-8th grade students. $50 deposit to register. Cost is $350 total. Registration packets are available in the lobby or by contacting Eric Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also register online. Registration deadline is June 30th.
CIY (Christ in Youth) MOVE is a 5-day (and four-night) camp-conference retreat for High School students. $50 deposit to register. Cost is $375 total. Registration packets are available in the lobby or by contacting Eric Anderson (email@example.com). You can also register online. Registration deadline is May 27th.
How do you normally introduce yourself? Maybe you start with, “Hi. I’m (insert your name here).” But what comes after that? Sure, you can talk about where you go to school, or what hobbies you’re into, but that doesn’t really introduce anyone to you, just facts about you. When Jesus talked about Himself, He would make statements like, “I am the Good Shepherd” and, “I am the bread of life.” As strange as they sound, these statements give us a better picture of who Jesus is. Because if He is a shepherd, then we are His sheep. And if He is the bread of life, then we can be satisfied in Him. In this series, we’ll discover that the way Jesus described Himself, gives us a clue into who we are as well.
Parents, use this Parent Cue Card to connect with your students and find out more about what they are learning in this series!
Middle School Summer Schedule (7th-8th):
- June 21st: No Middle School Experience
- June 28th: Small Group Connect Week
- July 5th: No Middle School Experience
- July 12th: Live Ready Series Week #1
- July 19th: Event Night
- July 26th: Live Ready Series Week #2
- July 30th – August 3rd: CIY Mix Camp at Hope College
- August 9th: CIY Mix After Party (Worship Night)
- August 16th: Live Ready Series Week #3
- August 18th – 20th: Camping Weekend at Bishop Lake (Must attend with family)
- August 23rd: Small Group Connect Week
High School Summer Schedule (9th-12th):
- June 25th: No High School Experience
- June 26th – July 1st – CIY Move Camp at Hope College
- July 2nd: No High School Experience
- July 9th: CIY After Party (Worship Night)
- July 16th: Live Ready Series Week #1
- July 23rd: Event Night
- July 30th: Small Group Hangout Week
- August 6th: Live Ready Series Week #2 (Worship Night)
- August 13th: Live Ready Series Week #3
- August 18th – 20th: Camping Weekend at Bishop Lake
To fulfill our vision we are especially sensitive to first-time visitors and have a plan to connect them quickly with other students and a life group leader. Please check in at the welcome desk or introduce yourself to one of our leaders at our weekly program.
We are always looking for volunteers to help lead and mentor our students. Making our life groups as small as possible increases the likelihood that each student will feel known and cared for. To do this we are constantly on the hunt for new life group leaders. We also have opportunities for volunteers in other areas of the Middle School program, to get involved check out our serving opportunities.