Work @ Venture!
Interested in Joining Our Team at Venture?
Venture is a great place to go to church, but it’s also a great place to go to work. Our staff is the driving force behind what we do on Sunday mornings, the impact we have both locally and around the world, and making our mission as a church a reality: To turn the largest number of non-churched, seeking people into fully devoted followers of Christ. If you would like to join our staff at Venture, please check out the positions we have available and send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please apply by sending your resume to HRGroups@ventureon59.com.
Position Title: Grapple Director
Position Status: Part-Time (10-15 hours/week)
Department: Children’s Ministry
Report To: Randy Mannor, Children’s Ministry Director
Position Summary: Facilitate 5th & 6th grade Grapple group each Sunday morning; research and choose curriculum; maintain large group curriculum schedule.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and plan for a Performance Review with goals two times a year.
- Schedule and conduct team/volunteer meetings; conduct training sessions.
- Prepare marketing request forms for holidays and special events.
- Plan and execute volunteer appreciation initiatives.
- Oversee and assist large group teacher with:
- Ambiance items
- Tech items
- Lead large group when main teacher is absent
- Set up/tear down and clean room
- Prepare small group activities:
- Send small group leader information each week
- Print and copy
- Print, copy, and fold handouts
- Prepare, plan and execute four special outside events for Grapple each year.
- Prepare, plan and execute Grapple Recharge twice a year.
- Create a year calendar for Grapple.
- Prepare, plan and execute move up celebration in spring for outgoing and incoming students.
- Work with elementary director.
- Work with student ministry director.
- Communicate with parents about move up.
- Create ways to always have growth in Grapple.
- Purchase/collect supplies for classrooms.
- Handle initial contact with new volunteers and schedule volunteers to shadow.
- Prepare schedule for small group leaders.
- Maintain current volunteer list with contact information.
- Attend monthly Children’s Ministry Leadership meetings, monthly lead meetings, and the Global Leadership Summit.
- Be in a Life Group and attend church at least once a month.
- Attend monthly staff meetings (second Friday of each month).
Position Title: Video Director
Position Status: Full-Time
Department: Creative Arts Team
Report To: Creative Arts Director
Position Summary: Develop, grow, and lead the Video Arts Team at Venture Church. Responsible for overseeing all elements of video production (live and taped) for all Venture Experiences (services) and Marketing Initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide video support for the Creative Arts Team in producing weekend Experiences and events. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creative Arts Team: Attend weekly CAT meetings, working closely with other CAT members to plan and execute Experiences and other special events.
- Marketing Team: Meet weekly with Marketing Director to determine video needs.
- Management: Lead team of staff and volunteers, helping them set and meet goals in creating excellent video production at Venture.
- Taped Video Production: Lead Video Production Manager and oversee all videos produced for Venture Experiences and Marketing. Responsibilities include producing individual projects (field producing, interviewing, scripting and overseeing editing) as well as supervising and directing other producers, editors and photographers.
- A bachelor’s degree in videography or ministry related field is preferred.
- A minimum of three years-experience in a church of at least 1,000 people, or a comparable ministry is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to produce professional-grade videos with at least three years-experience in broadcast or other commercial production fields.
- Excellent interviewing and writing skills a must.
- General working knowledge of computer systems relating to video i.e. Planning Center, editing software Adobe Premiere Pro
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, team leaders and teams as well as field professionals
- Ability to organize systems, equipment, schedules and people for efficient filming
- Attend weekly Creative Arts Team meetings
- Provide guidance for any video support to volunteers as needed
- Global Leadership Summit Attendance in August
- Assist with Special Events including Christmas, Easter and Omni Night (mid-week service) as necessary
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Meet weekly with Marketing Director